Whew! 2017-2018 has been a whirlwind! But I'm happy to be busy doing what I love to do! Recent news and upcoming events are listed below!
- 2019 will bring a new design of Bernstein's MASS with director Candace Evans as well as a new production of the opera Giulio Cesare with the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music.
- 2018 I was a National Jury Winner in the National Design Expo in Fort Lauderdale. Look for my designs for Madama Butterfly in the 2018 summer editional of TD&T (Theatre Design and Technology Magazine).
- July 2018 I will be serving a four year term as Chair of the Department of Theatre, Drama and Contemporary Dance at Indiana University. I'm proud to serve in this capacity and grateful to work with such an outstanding faculty as we educate and train the next generation of artists.
- June 30, 2018 I will end my second and final consecutive term as a Director at Large on the Board of Directors for the United States Institute of Theatre Technology. Grateful for this opportunity and humbled to serve alongside such stellar leadership. Thanks USITT!!
- In 2018 I've had the pleasure of opening West Side Story with director Michael Shell and scenic designer Steven Kemp and wig designer Gary Arave. I also had a great time working with my third year graduate student on the IRT 2018 designs for Romeo and Juliet.
- Happy to announce that third-year MFA candidate, Courtney Foxworthy, was the winner of the Zelma Weisfeld Costume Award for the 2018 year.
- 2018 summer will also bring another wonderful London Study Abroad program with my terrific IU students and some design work of the Foreigner with director Jonathan Michaelsen and The Putnam County Spelling Bee with director Richard Roland.
- Finally, thanks for your patience as I rebuild my website over the 2018 year.
- Below is a 2017 publicity shot (courtesy Indiana Repertory Theatre) of James Still's Miranda. It is found on this link: https://asota.wordpress.com/2017/04/03/miranda-at-irt/